Sunday, November 7, 2010

Attaching Multiple Objects with Viewer 2.2 - ADD is the new WEAR

It has occured to me that I have a tendancy to ramble on so if you really want to get to the point of this post, scroll down to the last paragraph.  Possibly even the PS.  *giggles*

One good thing about all the changes in Second Life is that it makes a fairly new faerie feel like a veteran with all that I've seen in 3 months!  I can't imagine the differences those who've been around for years have seen!

Previously I had figured out how to attach multiple objects to the same point because a bow for your hair just ain't that cute if you can't wear the hair to go with it!  Bald is beautiful but in a world where anything is possible, I'd like to reserve that option thank you very much.  *adjusts hairdo'*

The old method required searching some kind of "multipleobjects" setting under the debug menu.  Worked great!  Enable it and attach away.  Good times.

After my recent inventory fiasco I had uninstalled SL and downloaded the new viewer, 2.2.  So far so good (I haven't even looked at the beta version...I'm all about the babysteps!) until I "detached all" and then realized that I wasn't able to wear all the gadgets I normally prowl around in!  I can wear hair and other things in the same place but my HUDS just didn't want to co-exist.  It was pick or choose time again - wtf?  So I remembered my recent SL resuscitation and realized that my settings had probably (obviously) defaulted.  Fine.

Only.....there was no more "multipleobjects" bug thingy!!! 

Sure enough, google around, discover that this hidden little gem is gone for good.  *pouts*

So, there is a lot of info out there on attaching multiple objects.  Some videos seem waaaaaaaaay too complicated.  As far as I can tell, all you have to do is right click the object from your inventory and instead of wear it, you "ADD" it.

Problem solved!  :)

Blessings,

Moirae

PS.....I've been playing around and it doesn't seem that bad.  But if you find yourself having problems, try this "add" button!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete