Monday, October 18, 2010

~Hair Flare~

Of all the things I enjoy shopping for, nice hair is the hardest to come by.  Perhaps it's because I insist on being a fiery red head? *winks*

In my "Celebrating Gaia" hair from Chi-Chickie. Found this on a hunt! It's a whole-lotta-hair!
Most of the hair I find that I really love doesn't come in a red that suits me, if it comes in red at all!  Not to mention the countless number of "fake" hairstyles out there.  Maybe some fae want to look like a cartoon, but not this one!  So far I have found a small handful of vendors who have a selection of hair (with those glorious reds!) that looks realistic and provide a good variety of styles.  Yay!

Most of the pictures you've seen of me have been in my Cake hair in the "maroon" shade that I adore.  I think I was spoiled when I found Cake so early on as I love curls and movement in my locks and their soft styles are tough to beat!  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/FNKY%20Cake/129/76/23

Cake - my top choice for hair.
As I'd mentioned in my post about skin, Laqroki http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Laqroki/155/53/30 has some beautiful hair that is some of the most realistic I've seen!  Unfortunately their selection of reds is really lacking.  I would buy every single style if they had them in red!  *pouts*

Most recently I've discovered Maitreya http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya%20Isle/178/175/23 and though there is nothing like the maroon shade at Cake, their styles come in "shade-packs" so for $295 (it ain't cheap to look good!) when I make a purchase I get that particular style in every shade of red they provide.  Pretty fabulous if you ask me!  Here are some pictures of the two styles I purchased tonight.  I was after a braided style and while shopping realized I never wear my hair straight so, voila!  I have now added two new looks to my repertoire.  *grins*

Recently discovered Maitreya.  Hair is so soft and pretty!
There are several other honorable mentions (Truth and Magika to name a few) and I hope I've only just begun to scratch the surface!  If you know of any other GREAT hair designers please let me know.  :) 

I'm considering changing my hair white/silver for the upcoming winter holidays.  I'm assuming it'll look better with all the snowy goodies that are on the way!  I just can't get enough goodies!  *giggles*

Hope you're have a great Hair Day!

Blessings,

Moirae

2 comments:

  1. Calico Creations can sometimes offer nice styles also. I like Truth as well, but they have so many styles it takes a while to go through them all to find one I like. Other friends swear by Vixen for their hair selection... but I have yet to be compelled to buy there quite yet. Good luck!

    ~*~ Dreamy ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dreamy - a girl can always count on you for shopping advice!!! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete