Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I wonder if I will go through Halloween withdrawals after today?  I doubt the parties for Remembrance Day will be as exuberant (though I hope there will be much recognition!)

Will the Christmas season bring the same pizazz and excitement as Halloween?  There seem to be a few hunts starting again this month but I can't help feel a little deflated.  Where will I wear all my cute witchy outfits now???  Perhaps I need to spend more time at the Sacred Cauldron.  *smiles*
I decided to find some monsters to mash with!
Most of my day today was absorbed by RL but thankfully I managed to get oot and aboot for a late Halloween party at the Love Bugg Club.  *giggles*  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lovers%20Lagoon/128/34/23  I found it on the http://www.secondlife.com/ events list.  (One thing that has always cramped my style is the timing of many events in Second Life...there is so much planned during the middle of the day!  Mama's gotta work!)

I was drawn to the club because they were also having a costume contest and I'd collected so many cute outfits in my hunting over the past month that I was dying to get dressed up!  Go figure that after rifling through hoards of halloween outfits I ran back to a store I'd seen in my travels and picked up something entirely new.  *blushes*  Any excuse to shop!

I decided on this "Alice in wonderland" outfit by AliciaKay Kilara at "A Touch of Ireland." http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cork/86/120/23  I'd seen it before and there are several in the collection that I love just as much - I had to have it!  I furled up my wings, threw on my little black booties and my long red hair and hit the dance floor.

Me and a friend from Wonderland.  He never made it to the party.  ;)
DJ Jenniferbugg Blackflag was playing an amazing set of tunes and I had no problem keeping my music cranked the entire time I was there.  It was great!  At one point she mentioned there were 54 people on the sim however I think that included the haunted house (that I have yet to check out - the landmark wouldn't work!  too busy maybe?) but it was packed on the dance floor and everyone there looked amazing! There were robots, superheros and demons angels and all of them had exceptionally fine dance moves.  *laughs*

We were all bustin' a move when it was time to announce the winners for this round of the costume contest (one for men, one for women) and guess what?!

I WON!!!

Yep!  Couldn't believe it!  Of course I was briefly AFK at the time and was shocked when I came back and scrolled back through the chat.  Yaaay! 

The prize was $500L and with the tip for Jenniferbugg and the cost of the outfit I still made a decent profit. 

This is the first thing I've ever won!  *grins*

Hope your Halloween was as safe and prosperous!  :)

Bloodcurdling blessings,

Moirae

No comments:

Post a Comment