Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hunting Hiatus

Ok, I'll admit it - I got caught up in the hype.  A victim to the propaganda,  I have spent the past 3 days on a hunt.  


Look at 'em all!  Just a few of the hunts happening right now.
Some of them are very difficult and it took me a while to find one I could stick with.  Luckily, though, most come with a good hintlist and a helpful group of hunter-friends who don't mind sharing a tip or two.  But the tricky ones are going to require a little more help.

I've since picked up a few tips that will probably help in the hardest of hunts:

Moirae's Helpful Hunt Hint #3.
1.  Make sure your environment is set to "daytime".  If you are caught up in the hunt you may find yourself looking in the dark without realizing it - why make it harder for yourself?

2.  Use your cam to look in all the nooks and crannies.  Also, some of the landmarks can be pretty laggy so this helps.

3.  ***BONUS HINT***  Ctr+shft+r   I'm not sure what this is called but a very helpful little witch showed me this setting when I was as close as I've come to giving up.  Once your eyes adjust to the new view this makes the little hunt items stick out from the rest of the world.  Tricky and very helpful! 

There are 125 items on the Witches Brew hunt and I am currently searched for number #111 (and I already have #118, which I found by accident while I was lost!).  Almost there!  I felt a touch of dread when it occured to me at about #75 that (as I have yet to open a single item) I have no idea the quality of the prizes I have been so passionately pursuing!  I'll have to keep my fingers crossed - there's no turning back now!  I'll be sure to add some pictures of my prizes when I get home and unpack.  This will be a chore in and of itself! 

Little cauldrons - come out, come out wherever you are!
I'm not sure how many more hunts I'll complete - this is exhausting!  I'm so curious though, I find it hard to resist.  Thank Buddha curiosity never killed the fae.   Right?  Right?!  :)

Happy Hunting!

Moirae

No comments:

Post a Comment