Sunday, October 17, 2010

~Home Sweet Home~

Sitting by the fire relaxing in my new front yard.
 As I had mentioned before, RL has brought some distraction to the soul of this fae recently and there are many things I've meant to write about lately that for one reason or another, have fallen to the wayside.

One of these things is the fact that my search for a home has finally come to an end!  For some in SL (especially the explorer type like myself!) there isn't much need for a home however I enjoy having a little patch of ground to touch down on every now and then.  I've set up a little yard, I can unpack all of my goodies there and I've even met a few neighbors!  All for a cool $200L/week.  :)

I had been searching all over the grid  (a search that lead me to a lot of interesting places) however it got to the point where I was really wasting time, visiting the same places over and over.  I just couldn't make up my mind! 
*giggles*  Here I am being a creep.  Stalking out someone's home.  It was amazing!  I made sure there was no one home and didn't B&E.  I promise. ;)
 I loved my little home at Faekin Hall and though a room was really all I needed, it was hard to pass up all of the beautiful treehouses and mystical faerie homes that I discovered.  There are some magnificent places out there!  Eventually I think I'd like to start developing some land of my own but for now, I have taken to the skies where my little rental plot is everything that I need and more!

Having a glass of Fae wine on the last night in my room at Faekin Hall.
 
Inside/Outside shots of 3 of the 12 styles available.
I wasn't sure about skyboxes in the beginning but when I came across Duke McDonnagh's rental properties http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//241/3/21, I was really impressed!  After I spent a good day deciding which of the 12 skybox styles I would like to rent, I was thrilled to discover that all 12 styles come with your weekly rental!!!  There are many other perks that come along with having Duke as a landlord and when I was having troubles in the beginning, he was very patient (sending me the group invite 3 times!) and even visited my property to remove a mysterious red chair. 

I'm really happy there and have just renewed my lease for another month.  Oh, the prim limit is 50/month so I have found some great places that offer low prim landscaping decor at reasonable prices - feel free to ask me!  The flowers in the pictures are one prim each (side) and come with butterflies! 
 
Maybe I'll have a visitor over some day!  *giggles*  I've still been keeping to myself the majority of the time and most of the friends I've acquired are of the animal-kind.  I will be introducing someone very special shortly so stay tuned! 
 
Blessings,
 
Moirae

2 comments:

  1. Moirae, a housewarming gift is in order! ;) Congratulations!

    ~*~ Dreamy ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you DD!!! I miss you! :) I will have to have you over for some fae wine very soon.

    ReplyDelete