Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Years Rez-olutions!!!

In January of 2011 I will be 5 months old (which seems so young!) and yet I have spent so much time here that it feels more like 5 years! 

When I first re-emerged I wasn't exactly sure what this life would hold for me and so far I'm happy to discover that I'm really enjoying myself!  I've found a lot to keep me occupied however there are a few things I've wanted to do more of and with the New Year on it's way I figured I'd take the time to write up a few "Rez-olutions"!  I've kept the list short so that is it somewhat attainable.  So without further adieu...*ahem*

***Moirae's New Years Rezolutions for 2011***

1.  Be More Social!!!

For so many people Second Life is a very social activity.  I've read a lot of blogs with accounts of friendships and relationships that clearly run deeper than the typed word.  I have to admit the idea of a relationship in SL is a bit scary (as is it in RL...*sigh*) however I can't help but think that without at least trying to connect to this social side of life, I am somehow missing out.  I am going to try to meet more people and do a much better job of keeping in touch with those that I've met so far.

2.  Attend Regular Mediations at Kannonji

Discovering Kannoji opened my mind to a whole other side of SL - one I never expected to find but was so happy I did!  I have long wanted to explore Buddhism and have felt that it's a natural direction for me.  I'd really like to take advantage of this most amazing resource!

3.  Find someone to speak French with!

Eventually I'd like to use voice with someone (to really practice the rrrroll of my rrrrr's!) but I'm a little too shy at the present moment.  :)  I was in french immersion for many years and would really love to brush up on my francais.  I'd really like to find a native french speaker who would like to practice their english - a little SL exchange student program.  :)

***

I know it's a little early but I've always been inspired by the energy of a New Year.  Maybe I will think of a few more things to add to the list.  Or ways I can go about achieving my goals!

Blessings for the rest of 2010 and beyond!

Moirae

No comments:

Post a Comment