Saturday, December 18, 2010

To Be Or Not To Be

Lately I've been considering membership in SL......

How many of you are members?

I can't decide if it's really the way to go.  When I was searching for a house I went so far as calculating the monthly membership fee vs. the average monthly cost of the homes I was looking at.  I'm still renting my skybox so I guess you know what my findings were!

What are the other perks?   The prim limits for the houses aren't bad...better than what I have now.  A weekly allowance isn't bad either especially considering I've spent the last few months investing in the major purchases.  I wonder what this adults only continent, "Zindra" is like?

I'm a bit of a commitment phobe (to say the least!) so this is a major decision for me.  *winks*

Are you a member?

Let me know what you think!

Blessings,

Moirae

2 comments:

  1. I decided to become a member because I was considering buying land. (You have to be in order to own land). This would allow me to control the estate more and have more prim allowance.

    I recently came home to find my land had changed. The others in the community had voted to have snow for the holidays without my knowledge. While I love snow, this "interesting" texture was a mix of grassy, twig ridden, and half melted drifts. I had to put out prim snow drifts to cover it so I could bear to come home and look at my land until February.

    Also, renting store spaces is a bit tricky as well because of the limited prim allowance. I put up vendors to be able to scroll through multiple items, but that limits what customers can see right when they walk into the store.

    If I got my own sim, this would alleviate both concerns. It's a bit pricier than I hoped though. I have been going to land ownership classes held by NCI and reading a lot online, but I am still not sure how I want to proceed. I want to make the commitment, but I want to make sure it is the right one to make! I'm such a "what if" thinker...

    The L$300 is a nice bonus with the membership, but I barely notice it because I buy so much! hehe

    ~*~ Dreamy ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know how us "northern-ers" feel when someone decides to dump snow on us without thinking to ask! ;) Hehehehehe. That's terrible!

    I think I've seen the grassy, twig ridden half melted ground cover you speak of. I'm sure you've managed to make it look lovely! As I look out the window at the RL equivalent, I wish I could whip up something to cover it too! LOL

    I need to look into these classes at NCI...you've mentioned it before. Time to get my learn on! :)

    So many things to consider, hey? I never understood the "browse" function in retail spaces but it makes total sense now that you mention the prim limit. I can see how that would be restricting!

    Land ownership seems to be big biz and I really know nothing about it...

    I'll prolly come to you with some questions soon so be prepared! LOL

    ~M.

    ReplyDelete