Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Re-Skin-Vented.

I did it.  It took the span of two days (I'm ashamed to admit the exact amount of time) but my makeover is finally complete!

There were so many choices, from so many vendors, that making a final decision was a pretty daunting task.  Quite honestly I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I could have spent the rest of my days shopping for a new look!  I had to pull the plug - and quick!

The New Me!  With my hair down, swimming in Elven Forest. 
Thanks to a little research, I began my quest armed with a list of 5 vendors whom I'd heard sold skins that weren't too overdone.  Most of the popular skins were completely unrealistic and I didn't not want to look fake, nor did I want to look the same as everyone else.  I'm sure there are other great places to buy skins and I now know that I'll keep my eye out and when I find that "perfect" look I won't pass it up but until then, I started with these three:


I am by no means an expert on this topic - exactly the opposite!  I just wanted to look pretty without spending all of my time or money.  It was amazing how many people are asking complete strangers for money in these stores - apparently it's against the rules and people would shout out a warning whenever a "beggar" was in action.  I just can't imagine doing that to someone!  It happened to me once at "Cake" too.  Do people actually fall for this and give their money away?  In my past life, on my first day of existence, a complete stranger gave me $1,000L and I had no idea at the time what a generous gesture it was.  I wondered for a moment if I should "pay it back", so to speak, but I just didn't like the begging-style.  Tacky!   
 
Doing the Vampire thing.  Not exactly what I was looking for.  :)

It's all a blur to me now but I remember that I was pleasantly surprised at Redgrave.  I'd heard they've been around for a long time so I assumed they had more out-dated looks (and a few of them were, certainly those with lower price tags...) but a few of them were really cute!  But something just wasn't right.  They didn't fit my eyeballs (again with the damn eyeballs!) and I wasn't looking for something I had to alter. 

My next trip was to Rockberry and I really loved these skins!  I thought the faces were really pretty and had a very soft look.  I love the freckles and the soft make-up but in my opinion the body definition was lacking.  For my personal preferences anyways.

Last but not least - LAQ Bodyshop. 
 
This is where I ended up making a purchase but it was only after I narrowed it down from about 30 demos.  The selection was great!  I really don't know if the prices are in line but I paid $1,990L for 10 looks.  They had everything from completely natural, freckle faced girls to the super-smokey, sultry faces of the "ladies of the night".  It was great!  I tried on so many things.  They also have this really fun "hot oil" you can purchase which I'm sure comes in handy for some x-rated activities but I thought it would be cool to use after swimming or when at the beach.  Just a little something "extra" that swayed me to LAQ.  Once I saw the hair base/hair attachment thingies for glow skins - I was sold.

Even though I didn't purchase anything in the hair department (please come out with more red headed options!!!!!) I was blown away by the effects.  You wear these funny looking little head base pieces and the hair you attach is photo-realistic and moves so naturally!  I have learned that I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to hair (so far I have only purchased from Cake) so this was a great find!  I need to make sure I've joined any Laqroki update groups so I can keep posted for any new releases - definitely something to look forward to!

Hair at Laqroki.  The only red option - hopefully not for long!
I am utterly exhausted by this expedition so I'm off to bed - only one more week in until I have to move out of my little faerie home!  My next mission will be to find a new place, hopefully some of those places I saw when I was previously looking are now available.  If I'm going to spend the next few days house-hunting at least I am going to look damn good doing it!  ;)

Blessings,

Moirae




No comments:

Post a Comment