Sunday, September 19, 2010

Harvest Ball Bust!

I was SO looking forward to attending the Annual Harvest Festival in Avilion this weekend but alas, it wasn't meant to be.  :(

One of the many things to do in Avilion!
As it was, I knew I would be hard pressed to attend any of the events.  I managed to catch a raft race and was tempted to join in but had to leave early and never got to see the end.  There was a closing ceremony and a ball that I was really looking forward to, so much so that I finally made a decision at Caverna Obscura and bought the "Savannah" butterfly gown.  It was sure to be a hit!  *giggles*

I was under the impression that it began at 6:30pm SLT so I arrived fashionable late at approximately 7pm.  I went to the ballroom and immediately met a new friend who came a little too close to stepping on my brand new gown!  It's delicate wings would have crumpled under his heavy boots but underneath all that armour was a gentleman as he apologized profusely and made up for it with a dance.

My new friend made up for his misstep with grace on the dance floor.
As we were twirling across the ballroom floor, I was admiring the attire of those around me and it was then that I realized how few of them there were!  I told my friend that I was hoping to attend the Harvest Festival Ball and wasn't sure that we were in the right place.  I checked my calendar and sure enough (I think?), we were in the wrong place.

He had to leave shortly so I ran ahead and tried to find the right location.  I stumbled across a sign which said that ball was happening until 7:30pm....I looked at my pocket watch and my heart sank - 7:31pm.

All dressed up with nowhere to go!  ("Savannah" gown, Caverna Obscura)
I was so disappointed!  I thought the ball would be a good chance to mingle with a group of people I have wanted to get to know.  I have watched them from a distance (even met a few, thanks for my friend DD!) and it would be nice to join in on some of the fun.  Not only that but I was really looking forward to wearing my new gown in front of more than a mirror.  Too bad!

I'll have to wait until the next event I guess.  Avilion seems to be a very active community and I'm sure there is something in store very soon.

Oh I also have to comment on the beautiful autumn changes to the scenery at Avilion and across the grid.  I love it!  The leaves are turning magnificent colors and they're falling into pretty little piles all over the place!


The Hot Air Balloon Tour.  In all it's Autumn Glory!

I love autumn!

Blessed be,

Moirae

No comments:

Post a Comment